Serendipity can be defined as a happy accident or unexpected discovery. Networking and making connections is a goal for many attendees. Here are some tips to increase this element for virtual and hybrid events:
- Use random name generators to direct attendees to breakout rooms
- Have a ‘spin the wheel’ button that allows attendees to take a risk at who they will be matched with
- Collect some data to pair up those who have similar networking goals
- Create niche discussion rooms so folks can take the conversation deeper
- Create a virtual place for folks to post a ‘challenge’ in hopes someone else attending has a solution
- Design free time that welcomes opportunities for random chances of connection
How have you designed serendipity into your virtual events? Would love to hear your experiences.