Work flow tends to slow down for many during the summer. Sometimes it’s a function of people on holidays deferring the work they have to a later date. In many cases the work piles up while you are away, which might lurk in the back of your mind as you are trying to relax.
Below you will find my Top 5 Tips for vacation preparation so you can truly relax and not be stressed about a looming backload for your return to the office:
- Identify the problems: make a list of the tasks that might worry you during your holidays.
- If they are projects or tasks, split them into smaller components, if possible, and see if there is anything you can tackle now to contribute to a more restful vacation.
- Look at the remaining projects or tasks and identify those that can be delegated and what needs to be absolutely done by you.
- Are you relaxed and ready to go on vacation worry free yet? If not, compile a list of people or organizations who can assist you in advancing your projects.
- Think of organizations with expertise in certain areas that can work for you while you are away. Often they will save you time, money and worry. Need to hire for a key role? Use a recruiting service. Need to upgrade your office space? Contact a commercial real estate broker. Fallen behind in finding the location for your next conference? Contact us at The Howes Group!
Want to share your perspective? Get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.