Our mission here at THG is to always apply the principles of ‘fair and logical’ during the hotel room block contract negotiation process. It sets a baseline to reach an amicable and mutually beneficial outcome for all stakeholders.
Here are five tips to consider when you apply the ‘If This Then That’ logic during your negotiations:
- IF your room rate is higher than you would like it to be, THEN consider increasing your food and beverage minimum.
- IF your food and beverage minimum is to high, THEN consider the risk to increase your bedroom block.
- IF your delegates are always making their reservations last minute, THEN consider a very attractive early bird deadline.
- IF your meeting space costs are higher than you would like them to be, THEN consider increasing your food and beverage spend or bedroom commitment. (Or reducing the amount of space and be flexible with the 24 hour hold)
- IF your delegates are booking outside the block, THEN consider increasing their registration fee and reward those who book within the block with a reduced registration rate.