It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Really? Trying to find corporate gifts can be a big task that can be fraught with the anxiety of the ‘WHAT”? You must keep it fresh, thoughtful and on budget … so here’s my list of some favorite things:
- Clients: Clients equal business. If your company has 500 clients, giving big gifts may not be feasible. Enter the big-buy corporate gift. My favorite piece of swag is a Tech Trapper. It’s a little board that has bands on it to hold all your cords. It’s amazing for travelling because it makes the security check a breeze. Have a smaller list? Make it personal – if they love chocolate – get the best. If they love art – passes to the National Gallery. It’s not the price tag – it’s the thought that counts.
- Contractors and Business Partners: That person that just made business easy this year. Maybe it’s that Conference Service Manager or Sales Manager, that rocked your conference. Send them a beautiful travel mug with a coffee card – or a lovely frame for a picture on their desk.
- The Boss: How to shop for the leader who seems to have it all? On my list this year is a smartphone projector. They can share a presentation with ease or open that brag book from fur babies to grandbabies.
- The Assistant/Colleague: That person in your life that makes everything easier. It could be an assistant, or that awesome colleague to your dog sitter. A great gift is always some beautiful wine glasses – my favourites are from Tiffany. Delivered in the iconic blue box, they’re only $35 a glass.
- The Community: Perhaps your wish for all of those on your list is simply being the good you want to see. Choose a charity that your recipient supports. Or choose the gift of KIVA Loans. These are loans of $25 or more to an individual or group to help start a business in developing countries. You get your $25 back once the business is going. Keep it or reinvest with another applicant. It’s a never-ending helping hand. Visit Kiva.org for more information.