Some clients resist using a resort for meetings. Among the reasons given to justify this resistance is that getting there is too long and complicated. Here are our top 5 reasons why you should consider holding your conference at a resort:
- The journey is part of the experience. The drive to a mountain resort or coastal village may be longer, but in our view the trip from the major airport to the resort helps attendees create separation from their day-to-day lives and relax before arriving at the conference.
- Enjoy and employ the pre- and post- days for personal benefit. Delegates who bring their families with them save time and money by starting their vacations early on this mandated travel.
- Building closer relationships. Resorts often offer unique team building and excursion possibilities which elevate the experience and conference takeaways.
- Drive better results. Employing a more remote location vs a city centre generates a higher level of focus on the business at hand and stimulates new ideas.
- Better participation. Since very few attendees will be in their hometown, there will be higher attendance and engagement levels for all the events associated with your conference.