As we know this is not a new issue, however the threats are becoming more pervasive as we further adopt more technology into our organizations.
Here are some tips to protect your organization from hotel bedroom pirates:
- Limit the amount of information that you post online
- Create a portal on your website that requires a password
- Ensure that your partners / associates are also inline with your security protocol
- Speak to the venue to ensure that their security policy is active
- Communicate with your delegates! Confirm your official room block codes with attendees and warn them about these pirates.
HERE is an example of a website posting from an organization to their attendees warning folks about the unsavory practices of hotel room block poaching.
Tips from Microsoft to creating a strong password, clickHERE